Friday, May 18, 2012

I'm feeling yeasty

And by that I mean nutritional yeast, and not in my junk. I share a lot, but you have my solemn vow that I won't talk about yeast infections and food in the same post. Oh wait, I just did. Sorry.
I big puffy heart nutritional yeast. Not even exagerating, I've eaten Earth Balance with nutritional yeast on toast every day at breakfast for two years. If I don't end up having it for breakfast, it's most certainly on the menu for lunch, snack, second lunch, with dinner or around 10 pm for second dinner. Otherwise I get really cranky, I'm not good with routine changes. I tend to be pretty picky about brands though, it's Bob's Red Mill brand or nothing. If you get the right stuff, you'll be rewarded with a tangy, savory cheese like flavour. Vegans eat it more than the general public because it's a source of B12, the only nutrient we can't get from plant sources. Since I'm sure it sounds like weird hippie food, I'm going to tell you what to do with it so that you can experience this flavour explosion for yourself. You can eat it in all sorts of ways and I've compliled a small collection of recipes for you to play with. Ch-ch-check em out y'all!



My bad ass tofu scramble


Or, you could skip the middle man and enjoy "Nutritional Yeast a la Lola".
Yup, licking it off the floor like a dog. Mother of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment