Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cheap and easy. No, not me. Indian food.

I'm a slacker when it comes to menu planning. I never know what I'm going to make until someone breaks into the "I'm hungry" tears. Usually it's me. Bitch gets craaaanky. So here is my go to recipe for Chana Masala. I always end up making it the day before payday when it's pantry shopping time, or when I've got to have shit done in under 30. Serve over hot brown rice and chutney or India pickle if you've got it.

Chana Masala

2 tbs coconut oil or olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 lrg clove garlic, minced
1 tbs curry powder
1 tbs tomato paste or ketchup
15 oz can chickpeas or about 1.5 cups homemade (3 Tbs of liquid reserved. You can leave this out, but add 3 tbs water later)
1/2 tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt or 1 tsp Braggs
Black pepper
Optional crushed red pepper.

Melt coconut oil in a pan and cook onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook for one minute more. Add everything but the chickpeas. Mix together, cook for a minute or so and then add the chickpeas. Stir to coat, have a bite and season to taste.
For maximum enjoyment, eat while listening to someone play the sitar.

1 comment:

  1. ndian Cuisine in Niagara Falls & indian fast food is my favurit .Indian Food Delivery in Singapore so easy so keep enjoy it Restaurants In Canada

    ReplyDelete